Friday 29 June 2012

Akmakjian, Hiag "30,000 Mornings"


Akmakjian, Hiag "30,000 Mornings" - 1999

A weird novel about the fashion industry and the troubles it can bring. I think the description "Unconsciously reinforcing the maxim that the US is a salad bowl rather than a melting pot" says it all. There is some insight into the human psyche and relationships but overall this book wants to be more than it really is. It's not achick lit but it's not deep, either. I think I was drawn to this book more through the name of the author than anything else. I should have judged the book by its cover. Not really my thing.

From the back cover:

"Inge, a twentysomething Finnish model, has a photographer boyfriend with more than just an eye for art. Inge torments herself with imaginary kidnapping scenarios after her fellow Finn disappears, but visits to her shrink lead her to admit that her sense of loss may have another basis."

No comments:

Post a Comment