Tuesday 25 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

March 25: Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)

1. Visiting the Jane Austen Festival in Bath.
2. Visiting Jane Austen's birthplace and other locations important in her life.
3. Visiting the Barcelona of Carlos Ruiz Zafón and going on the Shadow of the Wind walk.
4. Visiting New Zealand and seeing some of the places Mary Scott describes.
5. Have a house with in-built bookshelves, maybe like in Beauty and the Beast. And with a ladder that I can roll around.
6. Study English literature.
7. Visit the most beautiful libraries in the world.
8. Visit the most beautiful bookshops in the world. I've already been to number one, several times.
9. Go to the next book fair in Frankfurt or Leipzig.
10. Visit the locations of all the Jane Austen films and TV adaptations.

I know most of them will not come true but one is always allowed to dream, right? 

And I really have to add a number 11 to this list:
Visiting Haye on Wye during their book festival.

3 comments:

  1. I love these goals (especially the Jane Austen ones)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list, have visited many of the Jane Austen sites including where some were filmed (Montacute House used in Sense and Sensibility and Lacock used in Pride and Prejudice), love Bath and visited Barcelona a number of times. I love libraries and have already promised myself that our next house won't have a dining room (we never use the one we have), but will have a library with built in shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you all agree. I know I will never be able to visit all the places and probably not achieve the library as we hope to downsize with our next home but it was lovely to dream and put the dreas down on paper ... ehm, the computer. ;-)

    Have a nice day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete