Friday 2 May 2014

Book Quotes of the Week

"Reading is the ultimate adventure, books are the ultimate destination." Marc Douglas Ankerud

"In fact, while we read a novel, we are insane - bonkers. We believe in the existence of people who aren’t there, we hear their voices, we watch the battle of Borodino with them, we may even become Napoleon. Sanity returns (in most cases) when the book is closed. Is it any wonder that no truly respectable society has ever trusted its artists?" Ursula K. Le Guin

"In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own." Anna Quindlen

"Literature takes a habit of mind that has disappeared. It requires silence, some form of isolation, and sustained concentration in the presence of an enigmatic thing." Philip Roth

"That book taught me that by reading, I could live more intensely. It could give me back the sight I had lost. For that reason alone, a book that didn’t matter to anyone changed my life." Carlos Ruiz Zafón

"Books crow-bar the world open for you." Katherine Rundell

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment