Thursday 1 May 2014

Christie, Agatha "Poirot Investigates"

Christie, Agatha "Poirot Investigates" (Hercule Poirot #3) - 1924 

Before I mention anything about the book, I am not a big fan of crime stories. In books, that is. I love them on screen. And Monsieur Poirot is one of my favourite characters in any crime series, past or present. The current actor, David Suchet, is the best of them all, he does a fantastic job, he IS Hercule Poirot.

That's why I decided it was about time to read one of Agatha Christie's books and found this little gem of stories.

I still will not add crime stories to my favourite genre, I don't think that will ever happen. But Agatha Christie was a fine writer. And having seen all of these stories on screen, I can hear "the Monsieur Poirot's" French accent every time he utters a word.

This is a nice read if you need something you don't want to concentrate on too much.

And these are the stories included in this book:
The Adventure of the Western Star
The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor
The Adventure of the Cheap Flat
The Mystery of Hunter's Lodge
The Million Dollar Bond Robbery
The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb
The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan
The Kidnapped Prime Minister
The Disappearance of Mr Davenheim
The Adventure of the Italian Nobleman
The Case of the Missing Will

From the back cover: "First there was the mystery of the film star and the diamond ... then came the 'suicide' that was murder ... the mystery of the absurdly cheap flat ... a suspicious death in a locked gun-room ... a million dollar bond robbery ... the curse of a pharaoh's tomb ... a jewel robbery by the sea ... the abduction of a Prime Minister ... the disappearance of a banker ... a phone call from a dying man ... and, finally, the mystery of the missing will. What links these fascinating cases? Only the brilliant deductive powers of Hercule Poirot!"

3 comments:

  1. I love Agatha Christies mystery stories! All of her books are fun and I love the David Suchet TV series as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Agatha Christie, I think her mysteries were the first I ever read and I go back and reread them regularly. My daughter gave me the book Agatha Christie and the MIssing 11 Days about when she went missing back in the '20s. David Suchet is perfect as Poirot and another of her characters I like, both in film and book, is Parker Pyne. Some of his stories were made into tv shows on the Agathat Christie Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you all agree. Thanks for the tips, Janet, I haven't heard of Missing 11 Days and I also don't know Parker Pyne. Will have to look for both of them.

    Have a nice weekend, ladies,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete