Friday 13 February 2015

Book Quotes of the Week


"Beyond the highest mountain, past the farthest star, the stories found in a book are what makes us who we are." Jeff Liss 

"Reading takes us away from home, it finds homes for us everywhere." Hazel Rochman 

"No furniture is so charming as books." Sydney Smit 

"I love bookshelves, and stacks of books, spines, typography, and the feel of pages between my fingertips. I love bookmarks, and old bindings, and stars in margins next to beautiful passages. I love exuberant underlinings that recall to me a swoon of language-love from a long-ago reading, something I hoped to remember. I love book plates, and inscriptions in gifts from loved ones, I love author signatures, and I love books sitting around reminding me of them, being present in my life, being. I love books." Laini Taylor 

"Buying books is immensely comforting. Maybe I won’t read them immediately, but they make me feel so much better whenever I’m sad and blue. Just their presence, it’s like having more to look forward to." N.N. 

If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name. 

Find more book quotes here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, my dear friend, for including my quote on your blog. I am honored both by your recognition and friendship.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete