Friday 6 March 2015

Book Quotes of the Week



"Books support us in our solitude and keep us from being a burden to ourselves". Jeremy Collier 


"When I get a little money I buy books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes." Erasmus 


"Do they sense it, these dead writers, when their books are read? Does a pinprick of light appear in their darkness? Is their soul stirred by the feather touch of another mind reading theirs? I do hope so." Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale 


"To read a book for the first time is to make the acquaintance of a new friend; to read it a second time is to meet an old one." Chinese Proverb 


"The problem with reading a good book is that you want to finish the book but you don't want to finisht the book." N.N. 


[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]


Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment