Friday 8 January 2016

Book Quotes of the Week




"I read my eyes out and can't read half enough... The more one reads the more one sees we have to read." John Adams

"This will never be a civilized country until we expend more money for books than we do for chewing gum." Elbert Hubbard

"Having your book turned into a movie is like seeing your oxen turned into bouillon cubes." John LeCarré

"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it or offer your own version in return." Salman Rushdie

"Always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it'll be too dark to read." N.N.
[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I like John LeCarre's quote and considering how bad most book to movie adaptions are I would agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourites, too. I have hardly ever seen a movie that I liked better or at least as well as the book.

      Have a great day,
      Marianne

      Delete