Friday 22 July 2016

Book Quotes of the Week



"It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it." Jacob Bronowski

"A good title is the title of a successful book." Raymond Chandler

"There is no such thing as a bad book, I just like some books more than others…" Chris Geiger

"No man understands a deep book until he has seen and lived at least part of its contents." Ezra Pound

"I nearly always write, just as I nearly always breathe." John Steinbeck

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. None of these quotes resonate with me today. But having read a biography of John Steinbeck some years ago, I think he was telling the truth when he said or wrote "I nearly always write, just as I nearly always breathe."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all the quotes I post resonate with me, either but they always make me think. Even if I don't agree, I could probably write an entire article just about the quote. Or sometimes it's even better if I don't agree. Like, why does a successful book have to have a good title? Or is the book successful because of the good title? And is it really necessary that a good book is successful? I'm sure you know what I mean.

      Thanks for your comment. Made me think even more.

      Delete