Thursday 6 October 2016

Adams, Douglas "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Adams, Douglas "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" - 1979

As everybody knows, I am not a huge fan of science fiction, neither on paper nor on the screen. But I thought that "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" belongs to the classics and should be read by anyone who is interested in literature.

Yes, a nice little story about the "Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", certainly a brilliant story if you like this genre but not enough to tempt me to read the four other parts of this "trilogy". Mind you, I love Martin Freeman, so I might even watch the movie.

From the back cover:

"One Thursday lunchtime, the Earth gets unexpectedly demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. It's the final straw for Arthur Dent, who has already had his house bulldozed that morning. But for Arthur, that is only the beginning .In the seconds before global obliteration, Arthur is plucked from the planet by his friend Ford Prefect - and together the pair venture out across the galaxy on the craziest, strangest road trip of all time. book."

4 comments:

  1. DON'T watch the movie, it's terrible, but the British tv series is wonderful. I enjoy Douglas Adams and have read most of his books. Not great literature, but fun little reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know there were tow different ones, I guess I was talking abou the British TV series since Martin Freeman is in it.

      But thanks for the advice.

      Have a good weekend,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Well I am not trying to be pushy but the other four parts are really good! I did not see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you don't want to be pushy. Maybe one day, when I've read all my other books, I'll go there ... LOL.

      Anyway, have a great weekend,
      Marianne

      Delete